5 of The Best Hydration Packs For Trail Running To Consider
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, for which we could earn a commission. This does not change the price you would pay.
Once you’re familiar with the basics of trail running, you’ll probably want to cover long distances to test your speed and timing. You need one of the best hydration packs for trail running to keep you hydrated for long periods of time. Carrying additional weight on your back is not the ideal way to attempt difficult trails. Water, personal belongings like mobiles and keys, trail maps, additional clothes, and other outdoor gear are necessary items to carry on longer trips.
Trail running for two hours in hot humid conditions may get you fit; however, if you are not hydrated enough, your performance will begin to deteriorate. Factors like fitness, temperature and humidity may eventually decide how much water you need on your regular runs. However, choosing a hydration pack especially designed for trail running puts you on the right course. Here are five of the best trail-running hydration packs currently available on the market.
Top 5 Best Hydration Packs For Trail Running – Comparison Table
|Nathan Zeal 2-Liter Hydration Vest, Light Blue/Danube Blue, One Size||2.0 litres / 68 oz||1.2 lbs||Check Price|
|Hydration Pack with 3L Bladder For Trail Running||3 litres / 102 oz||1.5 lbs||Check Price|
|Tactical Hydration Pack Military Rucksack Lightweight Camo Water Bladder||2.5 litres / 85 oz||1.65 lbs||Check Price|
|Geigerrig RIG GUARDIAN (Black) Hydration Pack||2 litres / 68 oz||4.0 lbs||Check Price|
|TETON Sports Trailrunner 2 Liter Hydration Backpack||2 litres / 68 oz||0.90 lbs||Check Price|
Here are the Top 5 Trail Running Hydration Packs reviews.
Nathan Zeal 2-Liter Hydration Vest, Light Blue/Danube Blue, One Size
Specifically designed for women, the Nathan Zeal 2-liter Hydration Vest will keep you well-hydrated while moving in maximum comfort and freedom. This vest has a very lightweight feel while providing you with 2 Liters of water. Also included is an 18 ounce SpeedDraw Flask, and a rear shock cord for even more fluid capacity. This contoured Hydration Vest features a no-bounce fit that’s designed specifically for a woman’s form. It has extra stowage space for things like your mobile phone, nutrition supplements and other running essentials.
The Nathan Zeal is fitted with a newly engineered 3-way Propulsion Harness that stabilizes side-to-side and up-down movement of bladder and other contents for a bounce-free ride. It has one front bottle pocket and one front zip smart phone compatible pocket as well as rear external shock cord for increased capacity. This is further enhance by a stash pocket over left front pocket which fits several gels and a small pill pocket for electrolyte tabs.
- Designed specifically to fit the female form
- Weight is 17.3 ounce (weight includes bottle and bladder)
- Has storage capacity: 524 cu in/8.6 Liters (without bladder): 427 cu in/7 Liters (with bladder)
- Equipped with one 18 ounce/535 mL SpeedDraw Flask in right pocket
- Available in Light Blue/Danube Blue
- Wall mesh shoulder straps are highly breathable
- Gusseted stretch mesh rear pocket for increased capacity
- Internal stash pocket and key clip
- Perforated back panel for breathability and weight reduction
- Easy on/off with full side adjustability
- Reflective trim
The Nathan Zeal 2-Liter Hydration Vest is a hot favorite among trail runners who need lightweight hydration packs with ample space to store valuables and other personal items. This backpack comes with innovative support features and extra webbing that does not snag. It has a reasonable bladder capacity which is further complemented with space for an additional bottle. Its shoulder straps are designed with stay-put, thumb-adjustment loops that allow you to make different settings on all your trail-running adventures. Store your belongings and valuables in the ample storage pockets.
Hydration Pack with 3L Bladder For Trail Running
If you’re looking for a water bladder that keeps you hydrated for miles without making you stop, then the Dragonfly Gear Hydration Pack with 3L Bladder is just the running accessory you need. Dragonfly Gear has just released its 2017 edition super-strong hydration backpack. It is made with pugnacious 600 denier polyester army-style material, adopting a tight-fit design that prevents chaffing and bouncing. This hydration pack comes with 4 adjustable straps and 3 pillow-like air cushions for maximum comfort and increased durability.
The extra-capacity 3-liter bladder comes with a large opening which enables you to store water and ice. This allows you to sip cool water along the trail without having to stop for refills. This backpack weighs just 22 oz., but still provides you enough space to store all your essentials. It comes with two front pockets to hold large items like headlamps. Guaranteed for 100% worry-free purchase, this brand offers you a simple return policy and also delivers a free gift with your hydration pack.
- Has dimensions of 2.5” x 8.5” x 18”
- Weighs just 22 oz.
- Provides an extra-large 3-liter bladder with a huge handle
- Comes with 4 adjustable straps and 3 air cushions to increase comfort
- Delivered as a compact backpack with high stability
- Constructed with water-resistant and durable 600 denier polyester material
- Dispatches a quick-start manual showing users how to use and clean the backpack
- Backed by a simple return policy against leaks and fitting errors
- Delivers a MOLLE carabiner keychain as a free gift on purchase
- Designed with a leak-proof tube that connects with just a click to the bladder
- Comes with a quick-release valve to simplify hydration
- Offers a mouthpiece cap to keep dirt and debris out
- Comes with two front pockets to store large items
Rated as one of the best hydration packs for trail running, the Dragonfly Gear Hydration Pack with 3L Bladder is one of the latest offerings released in 2017 and is designed for comfort and durability. Store the amount of water you need in the extra-large 3-liter bladder to suit your personal needs. This backpack has several useful features including 2 front pockets for cameras and other large items. Backed by a generous return policy, this backpack is guaranteed against fitting errors and leaks. Its quick-release valve allows you to sip water almost immediately. The mouthpiece has a cap to protect it from dirt and debris. All in all, this backpack is ideal for all your trail running needs.
Tactical Hydration Pack Military Rucksack Lightweight Camo Water Bladder Thermal Army Insulation Air Backpack
With its main compartment made of oxford waterproof fabric, the Kenny Walker Camouflage Tactical Hydration Pack Military 2.5L Camel Army Backpack will keep your belongings dry on all your trail runs.
This fabric can withstand wear and tear and is extremely durable. Cotton is used in the padding to increase comfort levels. This backpack is the perfect for outdoor gear with chest straps making sure the 2.5 liter BPA-free screw-type bladder remains firmly in place. This bladder has thermal insulation which can keep iced water cold for at least four hours. With a storage capacity of 20 liters, this backpack comes with plenty of easily accessible pockets to keep your essentials safe and secure. It comes with MOLLE webbing and a suspension system to provide ample space for pockets, accessory kits, and running equipment.
- Has dimensions of 16.8” x 9.8” x 5.9”
- Weighs 0.75 kg.
- Constructed with a total holding capacity of 20 liters
- Comes with adjustable chest strap
- Offers a bag clip to exercise better control over the backpack
- Comes with comfortable and breathable shoulder straps
- Made of durable oxford waterproof fabric
- Fitted with an adjustable waist strap with tail holder to increase long-distance comfort
- Designed with easily accessible secure pockets to hold your belongings
- Offers thermal insulation over the bladder to heat water for at least 4 hours
- Designed as a durable and water-resistant hydration pack
Are you looking for a daypack that has enough space to store all your essentials and comes with a water-resistant water bladder? The Kenny Walker Camouflage Tactical Hydration Pack Military 2.5L Camel Army Backpack is what you are looking for. It is one of the best hydration packs for trail running with its adjustable waist and chest straps offering you more convenience in all your trail-running events.
Unscrew the large bladder cap, pour in ice and cold water, and it will keep cool for at least 4 hours. You have plenty of secure pockets across this backpack to store all your essentials. You have a stylish backpack you can use for trail running, biking, and other outdoor events on your weekends.
Geigerrig RIG GUARDIAN (Black) Hydration Pack
Loaded with a filter-ready, reversible 70 oz. reservoir, the Geigerrig RIG GUARDIAN Hydration Pack is one of those rare backpacks with hallmark qualities. It has a unique pack platform that suits downhill trail runners. This backpack has a frame at the back with an internal guardian plate made of highly durable plastic that is structurally engineered. Fitted with an internal sleeve, it holds the Geigerrig pressurized hydration reservoir with air and water chambers in place.
Synched down over the pressurized reservoir is an exposed guardian plate held in position with the help of two compression straps. This mechanism sprays water bringing relief and comfort to trail runners. It activates the Geigerrig in-line, plug-n-play water filter to produce clean, drinkable water from water found in streams. The water reservoir can be turned inside out to clean and dry quite easily.
- Has dimensions of 2” x 9” x 17.9”
- Weighs 4 lbs.
- Comes with a 70-oz., dishwasher-safe, reversible, pressurized hydration reservoir
- Fastened with buckled compression straps
- Reinforced with an internal guardian faceplate
- Comes with a high-pressure, low-profile spray for added protection during hectic activity
- Designed with a Geigerrig plug-n-play filtration system
- Provides a water reservoir that can be turned inside out to clean and dry
- Adopts a guardian pack compression cell design to help in downhill trail running
- Comes with an internal sleeve to secure the Geigerrig pressurized hydration reservoir
- Provides two compression straps to hold the guardian plate over the reservoir
- Designed with a unique high-pressure spray to absorb impact
- Geigerrig hydration system cleans, cools, and shares sprayed water
- Filters water available in streams and other water bodies
- Backed by a lifetime warranty against leaks
- Uses hard plastic to limit functionality
- Available with minimal storage pockets
The Geigerrig RIG GUARDIAN Hydration Pack comes with a unique hydration system that produces jet sprays of water. The guarded frame at the back is made of hard, durable plastic that keeps the hydration reservoir firmly in place. Two compression straps keep this reservoir in place while providing users with easy access to the jet spray. This efficient, reversible reservoir can be easily turned inside out to clean and dry. This backpack’s low profile will protect your pack on all those long-distance trail running events.
The best hydration packs for trail running are durable, and this hydration pack with his guarded frame and Geigerrig hydration system is right there among the best.
TETON Sports Trailrunner 2 Liter Hydration Backpack
With its low-profile, athletic cut pack ride design, the TETON Sports Trailrunner 2 Liter Hydration Backpack is a cut apart from other backpacks available in its category. Men and women can easily adopt this backpack by making adjustments in the waist and shoulder straps. It also comes with a chest shock absorber in conjunction with wide mesh straps to reduce the bounce of the 2-liter hydration backpack. Backed by a limited lifetime warranty, the Trailrunner 2.0 is ultralight and super durable. It allows you to carry a 2-liter hydration bladder and essentials with you on all your trail-runs.
The bladder also comes with a kink-free sip tube along with a push-lock cushioned bite valve. Its wide-mouth opening makes it extremely easy for you to clean this bladder with mild soap and warm water. This backpack comes with useful safety features including strap clips to prevent the webbing from snagging, an orange whistle, and reflective trim.
- Has dimensions of 16” x 10” x 2”
- Weighs just 0.9 lbs.
- Offers a BPA-free hydration bladder with a capacity of 2 liters
- Comes with a breathable, cushioned mesh back panel with a quick drain pipe hole
- Provides a deep 9” mesh pocket to store snacks, wallet, and phone
- Designed with lightweight wide mesh straps having comfort-taped edges
- Available in orange, black, blue and red colors
- Designed for use for men, women, and youths with adjustable straps
- Reinforced with a durable, lightweight, kink-free sip tube
- Comes with an adaptable post-lock cushioned bite valve
- Adopts a low-profile, athletic cut pack ride design
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Reinforced with stay-put thumb adjustment loops for its shoulder straps
- Comes with security features like reflective rim, built-in orange whistle, and strap clips
- Offers an external bungee with a barrel lock to store items
- Check for hydration bag leaks
- Comes with a small mouth for the hydration bag
The TETON Sports Trailrunner 2 Liter Hydration Backpack is one of the most reliable and convenient backpacks with a spacious 2-liter hydration bladder. Ideal for trail running and long-distance races, this backpack comes with fully adjustable straps at the shoulder and waist to accommodate men and women of different sizes. Its low-profile, athletic, and cut-pack ride design has great appeal.
You also have access to a 9” deep mesh pocket to keep your wallet, snacks, and phone secure. Store the bladder on the left or right hydration port on the back. This backpack is extremely lightweight, weighing only 0.9 lbs. with an empty bladder. Its 420D rip-stop shell makes it one of the best hydration packs for trail running.
Are You Still Unsure Which of The Best Hydration Packs For Trail Running to Choose?
Take a look at our buying guide. Here you will find all you need to know to help you make the right choice of Sports Hydration Packs for you or browse through our additional selection below.
Alternatively, why not browse our Online Discount Store and pick up one of our bargain deals on all types of Hydration Packs.
What’s your favorite Hydration Pack For Trail Running?
From our list of the best hydration packs for trail running, which pack would you consider? There will surely be more to choose from in the coming months, if none of these pique your interest. Let us know how you prefer to stay hydrated when you are biking by leaving a comment in the appropriate box.