Stay hydrated for the a healthy life, why?
Because when body temperatures are too high can damage your brain and also other important parts of bodies, as we lose a lot of water and minerals that your body requires operating under optimum conditions, with high efficiency in carrying out a number of metabolic processes.
The heat wave or very high ambient temperatures facing cities in many countries could be the cause of many diseases such as kidney stones, eye disorders and indeed to an inevitable loss of consciousness (imagine dehydrated to end without minerals).
It is highly recommended so you’re always aware of maintaining proper body temperature but also fight to maintain it. I mean, is not that, for example, before you leave home you hydrate and you decided to take your body temperature with a thermometer to check that all is well (under normal conditions), but after a few hours of being outside, exposed (a) more sun and therefore to moisture and high temperatures, we forget the importance of further checking this temperature, and more so you forget the importance of keeping hydrated (a). The key here is not to wait to feel thirsty to drink water, and in fact, sometimes with water is not enough and will need to take if one sip or a sports drink.
In other words, it is recommended to consume fluids even if you do not feel thirsty. But beware, this is not embouchure one with a lot of water or other beverages. Nor it is consuming ultra-sweet drinks because they can alter the osmotic pressure of the blood considerably. Nor should eat diuretic beverages such as coffee, for example. The most recommended are that ingest water, fruit juices without or with very little sugar, and / or sports drinks if working hours, academic or entertainment are very long and strenuous.
Clearly this applies more strongly to people as well as working and / or studying, practicing high-intensity sports and / or who train intensively in parks or at a gym, because the loss of water and electrolytes (minerals involved directly in the process of muscle contraction) will be greater. So many times consuming a sports drink during training and also during the day through activities less intense, it may be very necessary to avoid health complications due to high temperatures and therefore because of possible dehydration and mineral loss.
Keep in mind that, according to medical experts, the prolonged absence of water in your body (whether you are woman or man) can support significantly to the development of kidney stones, even more if the only drink you consume excess is cows milk, and if your diet is high in refined sugars and saturated fat, high in protein and brutally animal sources. Similarly, the constant and prolonged lack of water could trigger more diseases, which must be my attentive (a) to the symptoms that may indicate a possible dehydration.
Symptoms Of Dehydration
- A severe headache.
- Nausea no apparent valid reason (it is, you have not eaten and still feel nausea).
- Sleepiness, weakness, extreme fatigue for no apparent valid reason (ie, slept very well, but in the middle of the morning or afternoon, you start to feel drowsy, you feel weak or very tired or tired).
- Intense thirst (of course, this is the most obvious symptom).
- Flushed, hot and somewhat dry (visually you can be noticed some white spots inconspicuous, or sometimes the skin may become a little cracked).
In extreme cases, you can experiment a very high fever (this is what should be avoided at all costs).
So keep in mind that it is very important not to wait to feel for drinking water and / or to avoid direct contact with high temperatures (locked in a room without ventilation and / or spending time in the sun directly) because this can generate heat stroke, skin cancer, and even digestive problems because hey !, all metabolic processes in your body require this precious liquid (water) to be carried out in an efficient manner. Sure, hypertension due to a very viscous blood plasma for lack of water, is one of the many complications of prolonged exposure to high temperatures, regardless you should always keep well hydrated (a).
The most notable effects of high temperatures and dehydration
High temperatures and low water intake, directly or through fruit juice (or fruit itself), are undoubtedly the cause of various diseases, among which we can highlight the kidney stones. You must understand that a high temperature in your body and a very low concentration of water in it, favor the concentration of substances that can crystallize, causing those annoying pebbles staying in these important organs.
Calculations are hard masses that form with the saturated salts in urine and other substances such as calcium (excess milk, for example) and uric acid (excess protein from animal sources, for example), which you can cause severe pain, obstruction to the flow of urine, bleeding and infection in your urinary tract. Then, high temperatures, low or no water consumption during the day, while the highest consumption of milk and other animal protein sources can cause you the appearance of these annoying and dangerous mass in your kidneys.
See, in simple words, if you are dehydrated and you are left to themselves for long periods, because you can cause your skin to age gradually, or at least, you will make it more difficult to protect against external attacks bacteria and / or viruses, and at the same time repair processes from being delayed. This generates further wrinkle formation of skin spots of different types and colors. Specialists explain that there are three types of ultraviolet radiation and each offers a particular risk: type A or UVA, is the producer of pigmentation and age-related skin and hence wrinkles are formed therein .; UVB that causes burns and is closely related to skin cancer, cataract development, and alterations in the immune system. And last but not least, the UVC is the most harmful of all, but thanks to the ozone layer are not enough to affect us.
Suppose that your body is a kind of machine (biological), and thus, may suffer from what is known as overheating. So what happens when a machine overheats? Quite simply it stops working, sometimes you can completely damage or can be damaged just some of its parts, and in extreme cases but simply function or functions begin to slow down and become less efficient. Then the sun exposure (and good in fact even if you’re in the shade but the high temperatures are extreme), can make your skin hot, dry and redden (without necessarily have to sweat). This can also cause your pulse or heart rate being altered, you begin to experience extreme headaches (like you feel your head throb brutally), even more, clear when you stay above (a) to direct sunlight, which can generate dizziness, nausea, confusion and in extreme cases loss of cooking.
Experts say heatstroke occur when the amount of heat that comes into your body, amounts are not removable by the action of the cooling systems of your body (dilation of superficial blood vessels, sweating and respiration), as heat production due to the heat input is excessive. This is because the ambient temperature is too high and / or because the regulating mechanisms do not function in an appropriate manner (because of diseases, age, etc.).
Of course, heat stroke tend to generate more people working outdoors and in the sun and are not maintained properly hydrated, or people who train their sports or physical exercises under this great star for very long times (one hour or more) who only drink water and / or sports drinks when and dehydration is extreme.
Recommendations to prevent disease by high temperatures
- The ideal amount of water consumed. Usually, this amount is closely related to the values of calories you eat each day. For example, if your needs calories to consume hovering around 3000 Kcal. Daily, you can you should consume daily about 3000 ml of water a day, either through drinks and / or fruit. Sometimes it is indeed necessary to drink a little more (no one but throughout the day) when eg sun exposure for work and / or exercising fact, it forces you to be very strenuous.
- Healthy Eating. And I mentioned that drinking a lot of milk cow drinking or derived products (cheese, yogurt, etc.) in excess and carry a diet high in animal protein sources, you are forced to drink a greater amount of water. Of course, avoid fried sausages or at least significantly reduce their consumption, it is another recommendation that you should not forget.
- What beverages should I avoid? You should avoid alcoholic drinks, drinks with large amounts of refined sugars, energy due to caffeine (very different from isotonic). Remember, drink water, unsweetened fruit juices, and sometimes one or more isotonic drinks are the best option.
- Excessive sun exposure. If you get yes or yes to spend much time in the sun, because then dressed light clothes and cover most of your body, as well as using a hat and sunglasses to protect against solar radiation. In addition, you should always have on hand a thermos of water (cold or at room temperature) to be constantly drinking. And if it is because of sports, because the heat is then filled with a sports drink, or just water if your goal is to burn fat and only you exercise only an aerobic intensity. You must force yourself to learn these habits and apply them.
- Of course, sunscreen. If you’re going to spend much time in the sun, even if you wear light clothing that covers most of the body, you should apply sunscreen on your arms, face, neck, behind the ears, shoulders, part of your chest and back, and sometimes in the legs.
- You must be very alert. If you start to feel some of the clearest symptoms of dehydration such as extreme head pain, dizziness, nausea, among others, as is immediately put under shade and drink water or a sports drink, and rest, and avoid exposing again the sunset on that day. You can also dip a garment and put it on your face and neck to try to help lower your body temperature.