What Are The Best Hydration Packs For Marathon Running
Marathon runners hate the sight of a finicky hydration pack with cumbersome closing and opening mechanisms. The best hydration packs for marathon running are simple to use and handle. Who wouldn’t like that extra bit of storage space to carry personal belongings that help improve focus on long-distance running events? A 1.5-liter water reservoir is an absolute must to remain hydrated on marathons without having to stop for a drink.
Consistent training sessions will help you evaluate the quantity of water you need for running marathons. However, innovative manufacturers have designed practical hydration backpacks. These packs take into account all factors that help you remain hydrated throughout this long-distance running event. They are also lightweight, remain firmly in position, and allow you to sip water on complete auto. Check out these five top hydration packs especially released for marathon runners.
[amazon fields="B00IA3YLO0" value="thumb"]
[amazon fields="B00IA3YLO0" value="title"]
[amazon fields="B00IA3YLO0" value="button"]
[amazon fields="B018LIMW08" value="thumb"]
[amazon fields="B018LIMW08" value="title"]
[amazon fields="B018LIMW08" value="button"]
[amazon fields="B015SXI4VU" value="thumb"]
[amazon fields="B015SXI4VU" value="title"]
[amazon fields="B015SXI4VU" value="button"]
[amazon fields="B00LCADSY2" value="thumb"]
[amazon fields="B00LCADSY2" value="title"]
[amazon fields="B00LCADSY2" value="button"]
[amazon fields="B014EC8BZU" value="thumb"]
[amazon fields="B014EC8BZU" value="title"]
[amazon fields="B014EC8BZU" value="button"]
High Sierra Propel 70 Hydration Pack
[amazon fields=”B00IA3YLO0″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large”]
Designed as a small pack, the versatile High Sierra Propel 70 Hydration Pack keeps you hydrated on your marathon run. It comes with a 2-liter hydration system including a wide-opening reservoir to add ice, and for easy cleaning. This bladder is made of antimicrobial and BPA-free material. Access water with its hands-free pressure valve fitted into a separate compartment. The bladder has a tube with an insulated cover to prevent water from freezing inside the tube. Hold this hydration valve in convenient position with the help of elastic loops.In front of this reservoir compartment is the main compartment that holds your gear; a front pocket is available for external storage. If competing in a triathlon, tuck away your helmet in the backpack’s mesh sport flap. If needed, add another pack with the help of the included back-strap system. Mesh padding and straps at the back wick away moisture.
- Has dimensions of 18” x 10” x 3″ (men) and 18” x 9” x 3″ (women)
- Weighs 1.3 lbs.
- Comes with a 2-liter water reservoir
- Total holding capacity of 6 liters
- Includes a wide-opening water reservoir for easy cleaning and filling
- Comes with a hands-free reservoir pressure valve
- Offers elastic loops to hold the hydration hose in position
- Gain easy rear access to the water supply
- Designed with a spacious, front-loading main compartment to hold gear
- Comes with specific fit for men and women
- Designed as a versatile small pack for marathon runners
- Fitted with an insulated cover to prevent water from freezing inside the tube
- Provides an easy-access, external storage front pocket
- Has four external pockets besides the internal slip pocket
- Tuck away your helmet in the handy mesh sport flap
- Add another bag to the backpack with its useful back-strap system
- Designed with Hex Vent mesh padding at the back with straps that wick away moisture
- Does not come with hip and chest clips for added comfort
- Made of cheap materials to reduce cost
VerdictIf you are looking for a cheap hydration pack for long-distance marathon running, then the High Sierra Propel 70 Hydration Pack is a great choice, especially when you do not have to carry extra stuff on your runs. This backpack has enough space to hold a 2-liter hydration reservoir and still hold other items like your jacket, lunch, and mobile phone. A meshed flap is provided at the bottom attached to hooks from where you can hang your helmet. You may experience difficulty with straps that aren’t properly sewn into the backpack. Also, check to see if the reservoir can be freely accessed. In some cases, it is stitched onto the main compartment making it difficult for you to easily remove it.
[amazon fields=”B00IA3YLO0″ value=”button”]
Nathan Fireball Race Vest
[amazon fields=”B018LIMW08″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large”]
Fitted with two 12-oz. insulated SpeedShot flasks, the Nathan Fireball Race Vest is one of the best hydration packs for marathon running. You have access to push-pull blast valves on these insulated flasks that can hold a compatible 1.5-liter bladder easily. This backpack has a zippered main pocket to hold your gear, and it can be expanded to hold other essentials.A separate phone pocket is provided to secure your mobile phone. Reflective trim is provided all along this backpack to increase visibility. Mesh pockets are provided in front to hold your nutrition and running essentials. The “pill” pocket is made of waterproof material while other pockets are made of stretchable mesh material. Chess straps slide into position to ensure a bounce-free marathon run.
- Has dimensions of 14” x 15” x 4”
- Weighs 1.6 lbs.
- Offers a waterproof “pill” pocket
- Comes with a large zippered main pocket that can be expanded
- Fitted with push-pull blast valves on the insulated flasks
- Comes with adjustable webbing straps
- Fitted with easily accessible stretchable mesh pockets
- Designed with a separate secure mobile phone pocket
- Designed with two 12-oz. insulated SpeedShot flasks to hold 1.5 liters of water
- Made for both men and women marathon runners
- Ensure both bottles are included in the vest
VerdictThe Nathan Fireball Race Vest comes with two 12-oz. insulated SpeedShot flasks that firmly attach to the straps in front, making it an ideal backpack for marathon runners. You’ll have to buy a compatible 1.5-liter bladder separately, but it remains bounce-free once you strap it into position. A large zippered main pocket holds your gear; this pocket can be expanded. To store essentials like pills and mobile pockets, access separate waterproof pockets. Other mesh pockets are also provided for your lunch or jacket.
[amazon fields=”B018LIMW08″ value=”button”]
CamelBak 2016 Circuit Hydration Vest
[amazon fields=”B015SXI4VU” value=”thumb” image_size=”large”]
If you are looking for a low-profile and lightweight hydration backpack for long-distance running, then the CamelBak 2016 Circuit Hydration Vest is a great option, especially on marathon runs. Rated as one of the best hydration packs for marathon running, this backpack comes with an antidote reservoir featuring a lightweight fill port on its low-profile design, dryer arms, and an easy open/close cap. Designed to carry a water bottle and other essentials like your phone, keys, and nutrition pills, this backpack comes with stretch overflow storage and a sweat-proof phone pocket.This backpack can easily accommodate men and women with chest sizes between 30” and 46”. Backed by a lifetime guarantee from CamelBak, this backpack comes with the reservoir compression system to cinch your bladder and other gear down.
- Has dimensions of 2” x 13.5” x 17”
- Weighs 0.51 lbs.
- Constructed from meshed nylon material
- Designed as a lightweight and bonk-proof backpack for marathon runners
- Holds an optional bladder with 1.5 liters of water
- Includes a smaller stretchable compartment to store snacks
- Adopts an external fill design to fill water into the reservoir without removing it
- Fitted with a compression system to hold the reservoir and other gear firmly in place
- Comes with a hoop and loop closure mechanism
- Designed with two additional pockets in front to store water bottles
- Provides a sweat-proof pocket to hold your mobile phone and other essentials
- Offers an adjustable, snug fit with dual sternum straps
- Comes with meshed back panels to increase airflow
- Designed with a wide-mouth reservoir to add ice
- Takes time to clip and unclip the hydration tube in front
- Water bottles may fit at an angle in spare pockets
VerdictThe CamelBak 2016 Circuit Hydration Vest is one of the best backpack options for marathon runs. Fitted with a low-profile antidote reservoir, this backpack fits your profile quite easily making it one of the best hydration packs for marathon running. Leak-proof and lightweight, this bladder has a wide mouth that allows you to add ice cubes. It is then locked in place with the help of an easy open/close cap. Clean this antidote reservoir with warm water, then dry it with the help of dryer arms. You have all the room in your backpack to store personal belongings, including your nutrition pills and mobile phone. This backpack comes with a reservoir compression system to cinch your bladder and other gear down. You also have access to a separate sweat-proof phone pocket to hold your mobile. Backed by the lifetime CamelBak guarantee, this backpack fits marathon runners with chest sizes from 30” to 46”.
[amazon fields=”B015SXI4VU” value=”button”]
Salomon S-Lab Advanced Skin 3 5 Set Racing Vest
[amazon fields=”B00LCADSY2″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large”]
Lightweight and designed for comfort, the Salomon S-Lab Advanced Skin 3 5 Set Racing Vest is a vast improvement over its earlier models with its new form-fitting hydration pack design. It can easily be compared with the best marathon running hydration packs, with Salomon Laboratories releasing this backpack with specific features to satisfy marathon runners. Its minimalistic design creates a balanced load-bearing backpack which is superefficient and provides the ultimate solution to store your gear.Made of anti-odor stretchy mesh fabric that sustains consistent airflow and does not hold water, this backpack does not cause chaffed areas even after repeated use. Its Sensifit construction allows the backpack to easily wrap around your body in an ideal comfort position. Customized to distribute weight as per your personal preference, access pockets are in front for you to stow away your gear and reach items while you are on the move.
- Has dimensions of 38” x 18”
- Constructed with imported mesh material
- Comes with a soft twin link
- Designed with one main compartment and two front soft, elastic hydration pockets
- Comes with 1 chest pocket and 2 zipped side pockets
- Includes 1 back kangaroo pocket, 1 battery pocket, and 1 zipped back pocket
- Offers 2 soft 0.5-liter flasks
- Weighs just 180 grams
- Adopts the MotionFit trail design
- Employs the Sensifit pack construction
- Comes with an insulated sleeve for the optional bladder
- Adopts a minimalistic design to prevent bouncing
- Customized to distribute weight evenly for added comfort
- Comparable to the best hydration packs for marathon running
- Needs additional storage to hold mobile phones
- Must acquire water bottles with longer tubes to sip water on the move
VerdictIt doesn’t matter if you’re on the road for 12+ hours or at a height of 12,000 feet. The Salomon S-Lab Advanced Skin 3 5 Set Racing Vest will serve you well on all your marathon runs. Adopting the MoonFit trail design, this backpack employs its Senifit pack construction to create a bounce-free tight fit around the body. If you are not overly sensitive about loose straps coming in the way of your run and a slightly inflated price, this lightweight hydration pack with its minimalistic design will fulfill your customized needs and provide maximum comfort by evenly distributing the weight. If you must carry your mobile phone and other essentials on your run, opt for a storage belt or other such external storage devices.
[amazon fields=”B00LCADSY2″ value=”button”]
Osprey Packs Raptor 14 Hydration Pack
[amazon fields=”B014EC8BZU” value=”thumb” image_size=”large”]
With its BioStretch harness and hip belt system, the Osprey Packs Raptor 14 Hydration Pack comfortably connects with the body in a way that allows you to run the toughest marathon runs with absolute ease. It comes fitted with a 3-liter hydraulics reservoir that prevents water from bouncing within the bladder even on rough terrain. This backpack provides ample storage space with its front panel floating top and zippered pocket at the side helping you organize and store your stuff.Adopting Osprey’s lid lock attachment, this backpack locks your bicycle helmet in a secure position. Compression straps at the side stabilize the load, while cross-functional compression straps help carry additional gear. Hang a flashlight from the blinker light attachment at the base of your backpack for increased visibility in the dark. Gain quick access to a removal roll-out tool pouch fitted within the zippered lower pocket. Store your essentials in five exterior and three interior slip pockets.
- Has dimensions of 9” x 9” x 20”
- Weighs 1.9 lbs.
- Fitted with two zippered hip-belt pockets to securely store items
- Includes a front stretch mesh pocket to stash extra gear
- Comes with a front panel floating top pocket
- Includes a side zippered organizer pocket
- Includes Osprey’s Lidlock helmet attachment to securely carry bicycle helmets
- Comes with a blinker light attachment for visibility after dark
- Designed with a removable roll-out tool pouch inside the zippered lower pocket
- Made of lightweight 70D x 100D nylon material
- Provides direct access to a 3-liter, fast-loading hydration chamber
- Comes with a front zippered patch pocket with heat-embossed scratch-free lining
- Cannot remove the tube from the reservoir
- Need a separately sold kit to clean the reservoir
- Does not include a hydration tube valve cover
VerdictThe Osprey Packs Raptor 14 Hydration Pack comes with the innovative Osprey’s BioStretch harness and hip belt that creates a perfect fit on your body. Its 3-liter hydraulics reservoir is designed in such a way that water does not bounce within the bladder. This amazing feature allows you to run on the toughest terrain comfortably with the weight evenly distributed. Refill water conveniently through its zippered hydration sleeve. Sip water on the move through the pipe valve attached to a hose that conveniently travels over your right shoulder strap. Access the main compartment through a front zipper panel and store all your essentials in the stretch mesh front pocket or zippered hip pockets. All in all, this is definitely one of the best hydration packs for marathon running.
[amazon fields=”B014EC8BZU” value=”button”]
What’s your favorite Hydration Pack For Marathon Running?
From our list of the best hydration packs for Marathon Running, which pack would you consider? There will surely be more to choose from in the coming months, if none of these pique your interest. Let us know how you prefer to stay hydrated when you are hiking by leaving a comment in the appropriate box.