3 Of The Best Hydration Packs For Kids To Consider
How do you deal with a bunch of kids obsessed with hiking and cycling in rugged terrain just like grown-ups? Buy them the best hydration packs for kids.
You need to ensure they have everything they need to go treasure hunting on the trail without having to carry great loads and without having to leave behind their favorite scouting equipment. It takes more than just a colorful backpack to keep kids happy, and several brands have devoted their design and manufacturing skills to come up with the right hydration packs that allow kids to carry all their essentials during the day or night, on short or long trips.
Whether it’s the latest blinker light attachment for night riding or the right reservoir size to carry water, kids will want more space to carry their jackets, snacks, and other stuff in their multipurpose hydration backpacks. Parents will want to ensure their kids drink safe, bacteria-free water. Bladders must be made of lightweight material that can easily be cleaned and reused for years. Kids will get dirty, and their backpacks must be made to withstand heavy punishment. Manufacturers consider these factors when designing hydration packs for kids.
Top 3 Hydration Packs For Kids – Comparison Table
|CamelBak Kid’s 2016 Mini M.U.L.E. Hydration Pack, Barbados Cherry/Flames||1.5 litres / 50 oz||0.75 lbs||Check Price|
|Osprey Packs Kid’s Moki 1.5 Hydration Pack, Grasshopper Green||1.5 litres / 50 oz||0.4 lbs||Check Price|
|Camelbak Products 2016 Scout Hydration Backpack||1.5 litres / 50 oz||1.2 lbs||Check Price|
Here are the Top 3 Kids Hydration Packs reviews.
Constructed from imported synthetic material, the CamelBak Kid’s 2016 Mini M.U.L.E. Hydration Pack is definitely one of the best hydration packs for kids – one that allows them to carry all their essentials to extended outdoor trips with their parents. This pack has a reinforced antidote reservoir with a low-profile design. Useful features like easy open/close cap, patented big bite valve, and lightweight fill port are added.
This hydration backpack also comes with key features like the sternum strap whistle, bike tool organizer pocket, safety flasher loop, and a reflector. Kids can safely carry their snacks, keys, phones, sunscreens, and cash in this backpack. It comes with a lifetime guarantee from CamelBak.
- Has dimensions of 1” x 8” x 14”
- Weighs approximately 0.75 lbs.
- Adopts a low-profile antidote reservoir design
- Designed to carry sunscreen, keys, snacks, phones, and cash
- Features a reflector and safety flasher loop
- Comes with an easy open/close cap on the antidote reservoir
- Made from imported synthetic material
- Designed to carry all kid essentials
- Backed by the CamelBak lifetime guarantee
- Comes with one interior slip and four exterior pockets
- Includes a bike tool organizer pocket and sternum strap whistle
- Retains chemical taste in the water
- Check for reservoir leakages
- Available in a size ideal for small children
The CamelBak Kid’s 2016 Mini M.U.L.E. Hydration Pack is one of the best kids’ hydration packs that allow them to carry all their essentials on biking or trekking trips. Adopting a patented big bite valve that kids love, this backpack also has several features that appeal to kids including a bike tool organizer pocket and a sternum strap emergency whistle. Its antidote reservoir can easily store 1.5 liters of water.
Kids can carry essentials with them in zippered compartments. This kit has one interior slip pocket and four exterior pockets that provide ample space for kids to collect stuff on their outdoor trips. These hydration packs for kids have reflective strips to ensure safety at night. Growing kids can adjust the straps to provide a secure and comfortable fit.
Constructed from 201D polyester triple diamond ripstop material, the Osprey Packs Kid’s Moki 1.5 Hydration Pack is made for kids who like action and want to travel light. With enough space for a hydration reservoir, a few snacks, and other essentials, this Moki hydration pack is especially preferred by young bikers and hikers. Kids have access to the main compartment through a zippered front panel. They can store their essentials in the front shove-it pocket, cash and mobile phones in the external zippered pocket.
This brand has provided a blinker light clip-on attachment at the back for added visibility in the dark. The 1.5-liter reservoir can be easily removed from its zippered compartment when needed. This backpack offers panel load access to load and unload gear.
- Has dimensions of 3” x 8” x 13”
- Weighs just 0.44 lbs.
- Made of 201D polyester triple diamond rip-stop material
- Has a small external zippered pocket to store items like snacks and sunscreen
- Comes with a front shove-it pocket for quick storage
- Has a separate hydration sleeve for the reservoir
- Designed with panel load access to load and unload gear easily
- Includes a 1.5-liter easily accessible reservoir
- Comes with a blinker light attachment on the front panel to increase night visibility
The Osprey Packs Kid’s Moki 1.5 Hydration Pack is one of the toughest backpacks available for kids who like action. Made of durable lightweight material, this backpack has enough space for the hydration bladder and stuff kids want to carry along. They will want to store their cash and other essentials in this useful shove-it pocket at the front.
Another useful feature is the blinker light attachment for kids venturing on night trips. This backpack’s 1.5-liter reservoir is zippered into place to prevent unwanted movement. This is designed to be one of the best hydration packs for kids with its panel load access offering easy gear loading and unloading options.
Like other backpacks for kids offered by this brand, the CamelBak Kid’s 2016 Scout Hydration Pack is an adventure pack made of tough, imported polyurethane-coated ripstop nylon material in attractive colors. This pack is expandable to suit children of different ages. It is fitted with a quick link system to accommodate its antidote reservoir with an easy open/close cap. This low-profile reservoir design accommodates a lightweight fill port, a center baffling, and dryer arms. It also comes with other useful features like front and back reflectivity, center expansion zip, and a handy safety whistle. Kids can carry their trail maps, compass, and headlamp on all their trips. Backed by the CamelBak lifetime guarantee, this expandable backpack also comes with 3 exterior pockets for storage.
- Has dimensions of 7.09” x 9.45” x 15.75”
- Weighs around 1.2 lbs.
- Has a fluid capacity of 50 oz.
- Has a total capacity of 12.5 liters
- Designed with 70 D Diamond Clarus & 420 Nylon with DWR + 1000 mm PU
- Offers a low-profile reservoir design with easy open/close cap
- Has lightweight fill port, center baffling, and dryer arms on its reservoir
- Made of ultralight polyurethane-coated ripstop nylon
- Offered as an expandable pack for 3+ hours of adventure
- Designed to carry headlamps, trekking poles, compass, and trail maps
- Comes with three exterior pockets
- Quick Link system on its antidote reservoir
- Backed by the CamelBak lifetime guarantee
- Designed for small children
- Check for all included accessories
The CamelBak Kid’s 2016 Scout Hydration Pack is the ideal backpack for kids wanting to carry their own water, snacks, and extra clothes. This backpack makes the kids responsible and allows them to access snacks without any difficulty. It comes with small pouches to hold their mobiles and other items. Its low-profile reservoir designed with an easy open and close cap helps save space and makes it an extremely durable backpack. This offering from CamelBak can be easily counted among the best kids hydration packs.
Are You Still Unsure Which Hydration Pack to Choose?
What’s your favorite Hydration Pack For Kids?
From our list of the best hydration packs for kids, which pack would you consider? There will surely be more to choose from in the coming months, if none of these pique your interest. Let us know how you prefer to stay hydrated when you are a kid by leaving a comment in the appropriate box.